Path of Later On

July 15, 2015



One of the most difficult projects I have been commissioned for is the book ‘The Path of Later On’. It is an essay by Mirra Alfassa, better known as the Mother of Auroville in south India, written when she was a teenager. 

The story follows a young student as he chooses to walk along a path without considering...

...always putting off thinking for later...

...until the path becomes darker and more dangerous by each step.










The story is very evocative, and grows darker gradually as our youngster continues on the path.


That gradual darkness was something I struggled with as I worked. I have explored sadness in my work, but never fear, horror, or danger. It was a deviation from my usual airy watercolours, and it took me a while to figure out a way to do the really dark bits.

The book is published beautifully by SAIIER and Auroville Press and I'm grateful to all the lovely people who work there.
 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Stories

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe